Decluttering Tips To Sell Your Home
Decluttering a home for potential buyers can seem like an insurmountable task. There are trinkets stacked sky-high and somehow thirty years worth of clutter have been accumulated in a ten year span. Add in children or pets, and some may feel ready to throw in the towel. It’s always important to spend time cleaning and prepping a home before a photography appointment or listing a home on the market. Therefore, Mark Spain Real Estate has compiled the simplest and most effective tips for decluttering a home.
Leverage Your Curb Appeal
- Declutter the front entrance
- Sweep around the door and on the steps, and shake off the welcome mat
- Put away things like gardening supplies and toys
- Remove trash cans and close the garage doors
- Fix up garden areas to ensure there are no dead plants or weeds
Create A Warm Welcome
- Brighten up each room by turning on lights and opening curtains and blinds
- Load the dishwasher and keep the sink empty
- Pick up laundry and make sure the beds are made
- Put away any ongoing projects and organize work spaces
- Sweep problem areas, and run the vacuum over carpets in large areas
- Wipe down work spaces and kitchen and bathroom counter tops
- Light a candle, but keep the scent simple
- Adjust furniture and blankets in a tidy manner
First impressions are everything, especially when selling a home. The more often a home is kept up on a daily basis, the easier it will be to show. Additionally, buyers will appreciate a clean, show-ready home, and remember that they didn’t have to step around clutter!
Contact us to find your dream home or sell your decluttered one!
Athens, Atlanta, Awards, Buford, Charlotte, Marietta, Nashville, Raleigh, Stockbridge