Decluttering Tips To Sell Your Home
Decluttering a home for potential buyers can seem like an insurmountable task. There are trinkets stacked sky-high and somehow thirty years worth of clutter have been accumulated in a ten year span. Add in children or pets, and some may feel ready to throw in the towel. It’s always important to spend time cleaning and prepping a home before a photography appointment or listing a home on the market. Therefore, Mark Spain Real Estate has compiled the simplest and most effective tips for decluttering a home.
Leverage Your Curb Appeal
- Declutter the front entrance
- Sweep around the door and on the steps, and shake off the welcome mat
- Put away things like gardening supplies and toys
- Remove trash cans and close the garage doors
- Fix up garden areas to ensure there are no dead plants or weeds
Create A Warm Welcome
- Brighten up each room by turning on lights and opening curtains and blinds
- Load the dishwasher and keep the sink empty
- Pick up laundry and make sure the beds are made
- Put away any ongoing projects and organize work spaces
- Sweep problem areas, and run the vacuum over carpets in large areas
- Wipe down work spaces and kitchen and bathroom counter tops
- Light a candle, but keep the scent simple
- Adjust furniture and blankets in a tidy manner
First impressions are everything, especially when selling a home. The more often a home is kept up on a daily basis, the easier it will be to show. Additionally, buyers will appreciate a clean, show-ready home, and remember that they didn’t have to step around clutter!
Contact us to find your dream home or sell your decluttered one!