How to Maximize Space In Your Home Garage
As you prepare to sell your home, you should keep in mind that buyers are always on the lookout for properties that offer ample space, including a garage. For many homeowners, the garage is more than just a place to park their car. It’s a place to store tools, sports equipment, gardening supplies, and even to use as a workspace or hobby area! Maximizing the space in a garage is, therefore, essential to appeal to potential buyers. Here are some tips on how to do just that.
By working with an experienced professional at Mark Spain Real Estate, you can feel confident that you are in the best hands possible to get the strongest offer on your home.
- Install shelving: Shelving is an excellent way to increase storage space in a garage. Consider installing shelves above workbenches or along the walls to store items such as boxes, tools, and other equipment.
- Use wall space: The walls in a garage are often overlooked as a storage option. However, there are many ways to use them to your advantage. You can install pegboards, hooks, and racks to store items such as bicycles, garden hoses, and power tools. You can also install cabinets or even a wall-mounted workbench.
- Optimize ceiling space: The ceiling is another area that is often underutilized in a garage. You can install overhead storage racks or hoists to store bulky items such as kayaks, skis, or camping gear.
- Consider vertical storage: If you have limited floor space, consider using vertical storage options such as stackable bins or even a vertical bike rack. This will not only free up floor space but also make it easier to access your items.
- Organize and declutter: Before you start maximizing space in your garage, it’s essential to declutter and organize your belongings. This will not only help you identify items you no longer need but also make it easier to find what you’re looking for.
- Use multi-functional furniture: If you plan to use your garage as a workspace, consider investing in multi-functional furniture such as a workbench with built-in storage or a rolling tool chest.
- Choose the right lighting: Adequate lighting is crucial in a garage, especially if you plan to use it as a workspace. Consider installing overhead lighting as well as task lighting in specific areas such as workbenches.
In conclusion, maximizing space in a garage is not only essential to appeal to potential buyers but also to make the most of your storage and workspace. By following these tips, you can create a garage that is both functional and organized.
Sell Your Home with Mark Spain Real Estate
Are you looking to sell a home this spring or summer? The experts at Mark Spain Real Estate are here to help start your next chapter! With decades of valuable industry experience, our team offers exclusive insight into some of the most popular markets in the southeast, including Atlanta, Dallas, Raleigh, and more. For sellers looking to streamline their home sale, check out our Guaranteed Offer Program to receive a competitive cash offer on your home in just 21 days.
Buying A Home, Selling a Home