Tips on Personal Development
One of the core values at Mark Spain Real Estate is to constantly grow and improve. Because we are relentless in the pursuit of self-improvement, our team strives to perform at the highest level possible. John Makarewicz, President of Mark Spain Real Estate, shared tips on personal development and becoming your best self.
Constantly working on your personal development will change your life, your career, your children’s life, the friends you have, and your health. As a result of their own personal development journeys, our CEO, Mark Spain, and our president, John, have both transformed their lives as well as influenced many around them.
Makarewicz advises to use the extra downtime you currently have to kickstart your personal development journey. You can transform your life in just a few years, you just have to do the work. Above all, the most important part of your journey will be starting it.
Mark often shares the quote he stands by with his team members, “The amount of time you spend on personal development will directly correlate with the trajectory of your success”
Tips to Kickstart Your Self Development Journey
- Get up early and exercise: Exercise releases your body’s “feel good” hormones, like endorphins and epinephrine. Waking up early and starting your day with a workout will improve your mood for the rest of your day. If you aren’t on a workout routine already, you can start by walking your dog. We all have to start somewhere!
- Eat healthy: Eating healthy food has a direct correlation to your mood and quality of life, just like working out. Treat yourself to a cheeseburger or dessert, but have everything in moderation.
- Read: You don’t need to go read five books this month. You can start with just one book per month, you have to start somewhere.
- Minimize alcohol consumption: Minimizing alcohol consumption will improve your sleeping habits. A good night’s rest will allow you to wake up earlier and get your morning workout in! Of course, go have fun and live life.
- Mindfulness: Mindfulness is being in touch with and aware of your inner self. You can begin accomplishing this by meditating, practicing breathing exercises, or doing yoga.
Each of these tips were shared by the President of Mark Spain Real Estate, John Makarewicz. John transformed his life through self-development, and he shared his tips in our monthly all-company Zoom meeting last week! You can start using these small tips with your spouse or your children. Doing things together makes it easier and it can transform your lives together.
Personal Development Book Recommendations:
The Psychology of Winning by Dr. Denis Waitley
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
The Defining Decade by Dr. Meg Jay
Relentless by Tim Grover
The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday
The One Thing by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papasan
Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins
If your path of personal development is leading you to a new challenging career, contact us! Looking to buy or sell to start that next chapter of your life? We would love to help.
Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date on all things real estate!
Mark Spain Real Estate is grateful to serve all of Metro Atlanta and Athens in Georgia, Charlotte and Raleigh in North Carolina, Orlando and Tampa in Florida, and Nashville in Tennessee!